Placement Deadline: FEB. 7 •
Materials Deadline: FEB. 21
- Spotlight On — Tapit, the nation’s most successful stallion and the king of Gainesway Farm
- Bold Ambitions — Don Alberto Corp., with operations in Chile and Kentucky, is making its presence felt at the sales, on the racetrack, and on the farm
- Big Red Star — After returning to his Kentucky birthplace, Horse of the Century Man o’ War became an even greater celebrity, drawing visitors from around the world and siring new generations of champions
- Girl Power — The Ashland Stakes, celebrating its 80th running at Keeneland this spring, has produced numerous champions and left its mark on Kentucky breeding dynasties
- Creating Milestones — Keeneland’s commissioning of Tiffany for a trophy series has deepened the ties between two iconic brands
- Nostalgic Appeal — With its many small and family-owned businesses, mid-century architecture, and welcoming vibe, the Southland Drive neighborhood is a Lexington original
- Putting Down Steaks — Though relatively new on the dining scene, Tonys of Lexington is firmly entrenched as the place for big steaks, buzzy atmosphere, and celebrating after a day at the races
- Making a Difference — The Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning encourages children and adults to discover the powers of imaginative learning and the literary arts
Placement Deadline: APR. 18 •
Materials Deadline: MAY 2
- Spotlight On — Holly Wiedemann, whose firm is renovating the old Lexington courthouse in yet another example of adaptive use of significant Central Kentucky buildings
- Showplace — This Central Kentucky farm has enthusiastic new owners eager to enjoy all the thrills Thoroughbred racing and breeding have to offer.
- Up Close & Personal — Customized tours take visitors inside the gates of Central Kentucky horse farms as well as the grounds of Keeneland.
- Key Corridor — One of Lexington’s earliest streets, North Limestone — and the surrounding corridor — is experiencing a residential, business, and artistic revival.
- Say (Beer) Cheese — A quirky Kentucky specialty, beer cheese has its own festival and trail as well as legions of fans.
- Making a Difference — God’s Pantry Food Bank, which aims to reduce hunger in Kentucky
Placement Deadline: JULY 11 •
Materials Deadline: JULY 25
- Spotlight On — Ercel Ellis, the popular radio personality whose long-running racing program delights fans
- Commitment to Quality — Juddmonte Farms, longtime sponsor of Keeneland’s Spinster Stakes, continues to produce exceptional racehorses with its blue-chip breeding stock while also supporting the Keeneland sales.
- Star Maker — Keeneland’s Fall Stars weekend, now 10 years old and more popular and lucrative than ever, has produced numerous Breeders’ Cup winners.
- Haven in the City — The Ashland Park neighborhood, designed by the Olmstead brothers and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, features many prominent architectural styles.
- Amazing Makeovers — The Thoroughbred Makeover Project develops future hunter/jumpers, dressage performers, and eventers from former racehorses.
- Brewgrass Trail — Lexington is home to a growing number of breweries, which not only add to a vibrant social scene but help boost the economy and spruce up neighborhoods.
- Making a Difference — Shriners Hospital for Children, which has a new home on the UK health care campus that will allow it to enhance its pediatric care
Placement Deadline: SEP. 26 •
Materials Deadline: OCT. 10
- Spotlight On — Bob Mickler’s, the family-owned business that has outfitted Central Kentucky horsemen for decades
- Spanning the Generations — This historic farm traces its origins to Kentucky’s early days.
- Long “A” — The community of Athens in southern Fayette County retains a bygone feel with its early 19th-century buildings and agricultural traditions.
- Safe Zones — Central Kentucky stations, strategically located between frontier-era forts, provided crucial shelter and safety to early settlers and pioneers.
- Making a Difference — Hundreds of Transylvania University students participate in outreach programs that directly benefit local youth and neighborhoods.